Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Skinny Crock Pot Moroccan Chicken.....Yuuuuuummmmm!!

Wow!!  Isn't life wonderful and crazy this time of year!! 

I've noticed that I haven't posted on much lately but Christmas Crafts and Decorations.....which I guess is sort of fitting considering we are just a week and a half away from the big day!  BUT......there is a lot more going on here at La Hacienda (yeah....that means house people.....ha!)......

We started working on our Master Bathroom Makeover/Renovation....remember when I showed you how lovely awful it is HERE......so I hope to have something to show you SOON.....ok......well.....I don't know how soon it will be......BUT at least we are starting!!  It is going to be a LOT of work.....so we decided to break our little project into three phases to make it a little less intimidating......

Of course another thing we've been doing is EATING!!  AND.....the holidays seem to bring a lot of treats....that are SO hard to pass up!! 

SO......in order to try and counteract some of the "bad" food we've been eating.....I was looking for some recipes for quick and healthy dinners.....and I found the Skinny Crock Pot page on Facebook.....and I think I found a goldmine!!

You can find them by clicking here:  Skinny Crock Pot

We have tried three of their recipes and all three were ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS and SO EASY!!

Today I want to share the hubs favorite recipe so far from the Skinny Crock Pot.....Moroccan Chicken......

Here's a look at it....all ready to be devoured!!



It is SO good and SO easy!!  All you have to do is mix everything up in a bowl and pour it over the chicken and let it cook away......

Here is the recipe copied from the Skinny Crock Pot Page.....

    8 chicken drumsticks - about 1 1/2 pounds (skin removed)
    1 can (8 oz) pineapple tidbits or chunks in juice, undrained
    1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
    2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
    2 tablespoons lemon juice
    1 teaspoon salt (if desired)
    1 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
    3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
    1/4 teaspoon ground tumeric (or can substitute ground ginger)
    1 tablespoon cornstarch
    1 tablespoon cold water
    1/4 cup sliced pimento stuffed olives
    1 tablesppon chopped fresh parsley

1. Place chicken in 5 to 6 quart slow cooker. Mix pineapple, onion, garlic, lemon juice, salt, marjoram, red pepper and tumeric; pour over chicken.

2. Cover and cook on low heat setting 4 to 5 hours or until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut (I leave mine about 9 hours while I'm at work at it works fine!). Remove chicken from cooker using slotted spoon, place in serving dish and cover to keep warm.

3. Remove any fat from sauce. Mix cornstarch and water; stir into sauce.

4. Cover and cook on high heat setting about 15 minutes or until thickened. Stir in olives.

5. Pour sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with parsley.

Serves 4; each serving has 210 calories


SO.....I don't use the water, cornstarch, parsley, or olives.....why?  Well.....I don't like olives.....and I didn't have any cornstarch.....and I decided that the extra step was more work than it was worth.....so I omitted steps 3 and 4 completely......

Also....I use 4 chicken breasts instead of the drumsticks.....

So seriously it is just mix the ingredients together.....pour over chicken in crock pot....cook.....and serve!  Delicious and awesomely easy!!

Here are a few pics......

The ingredients....



Here is a look at all the ingredients mixed together (in this pic the recipe is actually doubled).....


And then.....the chicken in the crock pot.....


And a look at everything in the crock pot before cooking.....


And another look at the finished Moroccan Chicken....served over Brown Rice.....


Yuuuummmmmm!!  It is spicy and sweet.......soooooo good!!!

Did I mention it's easy to make.....that it's delicious......that IT'S HEALTHY.......oh yeah......I guess I did!!

I have a few other favorites from their site that I hope to share......but in the meantime if you guys need a good recipe.....then you should definitely try this one!!  We all LOVE it.....even the baby.....

Do ya'll have any great recipes like this one?  Oh.....please do share!! 

AND if ya'll try this one.....I'd love to know what you think about it!!

I guess I better run....

Until next time.....

XOXO-
Kristal

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...