Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Master Bathroom....And a Little Life Lesson.....

Hello friends!!  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!! 

We spent another weekend in Arkansas with my parents....for those of you keeping up with all of our drama....my Dad is doing a bit better dealing with his broken leg after surgery and my Mom's broken foot is getting better....

So....now we are back home....yay! 

Last week as I was rushing around trying to get everything ready for us to leave....I sort of stopped in my tracks when I saw this.....

In case you can't even tell what that is.....it is supposed to be a laundry sorter....but as you can see it has had better days.....

BUT....the funny thing is.....I haven't even noticed this thing and it's pathetic shape until.....just.....that......moment....and I'm guessing that its been looking like this for a while.....

You know how you go through life and you see things, but sometimes you don't really SEE them.....I hate to admit it, but I am really bad about this.....

It just reminds me of how important it is to be present in your life....actually living in the moment....instead of always thinking about what is coming next or what all you need to get done today....etc......

Funny that this little laundry sorter in its sad state has reminded me of such an important life lesson.....so....thank you little laundry sorter......

Here are a few more pics....of my sad little sorter.....


SO....anyway.....since we are already in my Master Bath....I guess we can take a peak at the rest of the room......

You might wonder why I haven't posted anything about our Master Bath before.....well........let's just say that this room needs a lot of work!!

So.....anyway.....here's a look.....

The view of the Master Bath from our bed.....


And here's an upclose look of the room from the doorway....


And here's some pics of the room starting on my right.....


And a few more of the other side of the room.....


Yep....I know.....it's pretty ugly!!  I especially dislike the wallpaper.....ugh....yuck!!

BUT....the good news is.....this room has A LOT of potential!  It's a big room....it has nice crisp white cabinets.....a spa tub.....and TALL ceilings.....

Here's a few pics highlighting some of the "good" stuff....


SO.....although I'm not thrilled with this room as a whole right now.....I am excited about what this room will become.....

I think this is going to be our next BIG project....

Hmmmm.....what ideas do you guys have???

I'm thinking about doing Board and Batten (B&B) on that big wall behind my sad laundry sorter.....and replacing that laundry sorter with a built in laundry center......maybe topped with granite?

I'm thinking something like this....

laundry

AND.....I want to frame out the mirrors (DIY baby!!)....something like this....

$30 to frame the mirror
Great idea to dress a plain bathroom up ;)

I also want to do some sort of B&B on the front of the tub to give it a more built in look.....something like this (or like Diane's DIY job shown on her blog In My Own Style).....

Gorgeous!

And I want to put some sort of design on the shower door....either with frosting spray....or perhaps something a little more dramatic.....maybe using these.....

And maybe granite for the sinktops???  Not sure if I want to invest that much $$$$.....

The wallpaper is definitely GONE!!! 

What ideas do you guys have?  I need your input!!  Paint color??  Other great ideas?

I'm excited, but still need to narrow down exactly what I want.....PLEASE....let me know what you think!!

Until next time....

XOXO-
Kristal

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to do something with a huge mirror in our master bath too. I don't think my husband and I could frame out by ourselves, but I am now interested to see how you guys do it. I have always thought I would like to try though. But, I did see on pinterest where someone took bathroom tiles (small travertine I think) and glued around the mirror. They used a special glue that was water resistant, etc. Anyway, it sounds like it would not be a great thing, but it actually looked pretty good. I have considered doing this thinking it might be easier than framing. I also want more tips in the future on painting over the wallpaper. Unfortunately our house has a few places with 3 or 4 layers! Thanks goodness most of the house is wallpaper free!! Your friend - Sarah (J.) from the big DQ

Kristal @ Engineering Life and Style said...

Sarah-
Hey girl!! So great to hear from you!!

We are going to try and work on the bathroom over Christmas....so hopefully I'll have a framed mirror to show soon!!

I'm not sure how we are going to handle the wallpaper in there yet....but if we paint over it I'll definitely tell you what I learn!! The good the bad and the ugly :)

Kristal

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...